In a search for a perfect essay writing service, we stumbled upon BestEssay. After taking a look at the website, we got a good impression of it: the company has highly-qualified writers, offers discounts and the customer service is always happy to help.
At the same time, some BestEssay reviews claim that it couldn’t be further from the truth. So what is BestEssay really like? We conducted our own unbiased BestEssay review to answer that question, so keep reading to find out all the BestEssay tips and tricks.
How Does BestEssay Work?
BestEssay works just like the majority of paper writing companies: you fill out an application form, make an upfront payment and wait till your essay is delivered to you. To make the ordering process even easier for you, in this BestEssay review, we will walk you through the ordering process and answer any questions you might get along the way.
- Once you click on the “Order now” button on the company’s main page, you’ll be redirected to the application form. Luckily, it’s very simple and straightforward.
- What you’ll do then is put in your paper’s topic. It doesn’t have to be very detailed — you can include more information about your assignment later on. Consider this field as a field for your paper’s title.
- The next step is choosing your type of document. There are quite many of them that BestEssay writing services can take care of. The list includes but is not limited to any kind of essay, research papers, coursework, theses, dissertations and research proposals. They can also take care of any papers you might need in the admission process, do your programming assignment, create a PowerPoint presentation or edit and proofread your work. In other words, BestEssay can do any assignment you could think of.
- After that comes another important part — the deadline. The longest deadline on BestEssay is 10 days, and the shortest one is just 3 hours. Naturally, the closer you are to the deadline, the more you’ll have to pay, so try to put in your order as soon as possible. If you have a long complicated assignment, you might not be able to choose the shortest deadline, so be reasonable — even a highly-qualified writer can’t write an entire dissertation in 6 hours.
- Now it’s time to decide between the three quality levels on BestEssay. First, there’s the Standard Quality that includes a plagiarism check and free add-ons such as an outline, unlimited revisions, a title page, bibliography and formatting. Then there’s Premium Quality that will make your price go up 15% and will include an advanced plagiarism check and will make your paper a high priority order, although it’s not clear what exactly does it mean. Finally, If you choose Platinum Quality, expect to pay about 30% more. This option will get you all the Premium Quality perks plus a writer with 5+ years of experience. That is nice and pretty affordable, however, what does “5+ years of experience” mean? It might as well be a college student who has been writing essays since high school.
- Choose your spacing — double or single
- Select the number of pages you want to order. It can be just 1 page or 200 pages. Keep in mind that one page amounts to approximately 275 words.
- Then you have to specify your subject area. There is quite a lot of them to choose from, so no matter what your major is, BestEssay has got you covered. However, keep in my mind that the final price might change depending on your topic. As usual, liberal arts subjects such as journalism, culture and education will be the cheapest ones. If you need help with a science assignment, your price will be a little higher. While some of the prices make sense, others don’t. For example, an agriculture essay will cost you less than a geography essay, although geography is a more general topic than agriculture.
- Click on your academic level: high school, college, undergraduate, Masters or Ph.D. Interestingly enough, the price doesn’t seem to change if you alter your academic level, but that might just be a website bug.
- After that, choose your formatting style and the number of sources you would like to be cited in your paper. If you’re not sure what formatting style you need, check with your educational institution. You can choose as many sources as you’d like or ask your teacher about that. BestEssay also lets you specify how many of them can be online sources since some schools may ask you to include both online and offline sources.
- On BestEssay, you can also choose if you’d like your essay written in British or American English.
- Order instructions is an extremely important field. There you should include as much information about your assignment as you can. The more information your writer has, the higher is the possibility that your paper will be perfect.
- If you have used BestEssay writing service before, you can ask to be paired up with the writer you have worked with in the past. Just insert your preferred writer’s ID in the application form. You’ll be charged extra 20%, but according to BestEssay, the payment will go straight to the writer, which seems fair.
- Finally, one last thing that will determine your paper’s final price is whether you’d want to add some extras to your order. Many writing companies claim that almost all of their customers get some, but frankly, they can be quite useless. For some companies, it’s just a way to charge their customers more money. With that in mind, let’s take a look at what extras you can get on BestEssay.
Here is a full list of extras you can get on BestEssay.
- VIP Support
VIP support comes at a set price of $4.99 and it makes you a VIP customer. That means that your calls and texts will be the company’s top priority and will be handled by the best customer service agents. In their BestEssay reviews, many students say that the company’s customer service is great, so paying extra $5 is totally unnecessary.
- Fulfilled by top 10 writers
If you choose this extra, your essay will be written by a writer who has gotten some good feedback from the customers. It sounds great, but you have to pay almost 50% more for that, so it’s up to you to decide whether it’s really worth it.
- Proofread by editor
Okay, this one is tricky. On their main page, BestEssay says every paper is checked by a Quality Assurance department to make sure there’s no plagiarism or any other mistakes. This makes this extra quite useless, but if you don’t mind paying additional 20%, it can give you some peace of mind.
- VIP service package
A VIP service package is pretty much a discounted bundle of all the extras mentioned above. If you get it, you’ll get all of those perks for almost half of the price.
- 1-page summary of your paper
This one is self-explanatory. It will cost you just as much as any other page of your paper, which we appreciate — many companies offer overpriced extra pages. Thankfully, BestEssay isn’t one of them.
To find out how much your assignment would cost, click on the “Prices” section on the website. It’s very convenient that BestEssay has a price chart where you can see what their prices are and how they may change depending on your deadline, subject and assignment type. Besides, on BestEssay, you can choose to pay and see the prices in USD, EUR, GBP or AUD.
As for the prices themselves, we must say that BestEssay is a quite expensive essay writing company. The prices for an essay ordered 10 days in advance start at $21.99. While this is not a high price, many paper writing companies will ask you for that amount of money for much shorter deadlines. A page ordered just 5 days in advance will cost you at least $25, and if you’re running out of time and only have 24 hours left, the price will go up to $38.99, which is very expensive. And it’s a minimum price, so if you have a complicated subject or if you’d like to upgrade your paper quality to Premium or Platinum, it will be even higher.
Since the prices on BestEssay are quite high, it’s good to know that the company offers a wide array of discounts. First of all, there’s the first order discount —a 15% discount will be automatically included in your order at checkout.
Besides, BestEssay also has a great loyalty program. It’s very straightforward: once you reach a certain number of ordered pages from BestEssay, you will get a discount. If you’ve already bought 15 pages from the company, you will get 5% off all your future orders. Once you have ordered more than 51 pages, it will go up to 10%. Finally, if you have already ordered more than 100 pages, you’ll get a 15% discount for your orders. You can only use your loyalty discount on orders that cost $50 or more, but on BestEssay, it’s not hard to reach that number.
When talking about the prices, it’s always important to consider the price-performance ration. That’s why for this BestEssay review we also analyzed the company’s writers. Usually, students don’t mind paying a little more for a high-quality service. So the question is: does the quality of essays from BestEssay really match the company’s prices?
One of the things that make BestEssay stand out among the competitors is the fact that all their writers are supposedly native English speakers. If that is true, then it makes sense that the prices would be higher. Many writing companies hire writers from India and Kenya because they are ready to work for a much lower rate than writers from the UK or the US.
Moreover, BestEssay also claims all of their writers have postgraduate degrees, which can definitely be a reason why the prices are so high. In fact, if the prices were lower, it would be even harder to believe that the writers are so highly-qualified.
But are all those statements really true? One way to check it is taking a look at a BestEssay essay sample. Luckily, there are quite a few of those made public on the company’s website. For the sake of this review, we looked through them to find out whether the quality is as high as the company claims it is. Overall, there weren’t many grammar mistakes in the samples, however, they were far from perfect. Some essays had typos in the very beginning of the text, other writers used some odd wording that made us question whether they are really native English speakers with postgraduate degrees.
Unfortunately, we couldn’t find any BestEssay reviews from the company’s writers, so there wasn’t anyone who could dispel our doubts. However, we did look through the reviews on BestEssay and independent review platforms and found that the majority of students were satisfied with their papers’ quality. That is not to say that every single review on BestEssay is a 5-star review, so as it is with many other services, your experience largely depends on the writer.
On the surface, BestEssay may seem like a great company that you can trust with your assignments. In fact, it has so many great reviews that we were a bit skeptical about it from the very beginning. However, after conducting our own review we can give you our honest BestEssay rating. In reality, it is a good company that can save your grade when things get tough at school. It’s not perfect, so perhaps don’t expect to get a perfect grade, but with BestEssay, you can be sure that your assignment will get done, your money won’t be stolen and your paper won’t be plagiarized.
The Essay I Bought From BestEssay
- Academic level: High School
- Type of paper: Argumentative Essay
- Subject: Psychology
- Topic: Are students addicted to their smartphones?
- Length: 1 page
- Citation: APA
- Sources: 5
- Urgency: 10 days
- Preferred language style: U.S. English
BestEssay Essay Analysis and Evaluation
- “experiment on endless possibilities” – experiment with endless possibilities
- “but the danger is on the excessive use” – but the danger is the excessive use/but the danger is in the excessive use
- “have negative impact” – have a negative impact
- “which statistically suggesting” – suggests/is suggesting
- “what happens when they were separated” – what happened when they were separated/what happens when they are separated
- “leading into social problems” – leading to
- “Dependency behaviour” – dependent behavior (the client requested American English)
- “Socialisation” – socialization (the client requested American English)
- “defines “Addiction” – defines addiction
- “rain reward, motivation, memory and related circuitry” – rain reward, motivation, memory, and related circuitry.
- “such as trauma, anxiety and sleep deprivation” – such as trauma, anxiety, and sleep deprivation
- “social relationships, personal health and academic performance” – social relationships, personal health, and academic performance
- “included, feeling lonely” – included feeling lonely
- “converse in person’ (Cumberledge, 2017)” – the writer didn’t end the sentence with a dot
- The paper is missing a title page and a running head.
- No plagiarism was detected.
- The sources were cited properly, and the sources used were relevant and appropriate.
- The author followed the instructions regarding the essay’s content but failed to format it properly
- The essay was delivered on time.
- The ordering process and delivery were quite easy and straightforward.
- We didn’t get a chance to communicate with support.
- When we requested a revision, the writer replied promptly but didn’t make all the necessary changes
- The payment was fast and secure.
- The essay had some good ideas, the research done by the writer was interesting and relevant.
- The essay has a nice introduction, but the writer could have written a better conclusion
What was good
Overall, the essay made sense. The writer made some good points and articulated them quite well.
What was missing
At times, the writer was inconsistent with the tenses he used and used the British spelling. Besides, there were quite a few easy mistakes in grammar and spelling, which could be avoided if the writer paid more attention. The writer failed to format the paper properly even though we asked him to do a revision.
The content of the essay was great. It is clear that the writer did some research and interpreted it properly. However, the writer didn’t do a good job in terms of English and formatting, which is a pity. The grammar and punctuation mistakes the writer made could be easily avoided if he used a grammar checker and formatting the essay wouldn’t take more than 1 minute of research and 1 minute of work. The fact that the author isn’t familiar with APA formatting raises questions regarding his qualifications. The essay has a nice introduction, but the writer could have written a better conclusion