There are dozens of paper writing companies that claim they can help students with their assignments. Many of those services are very similar to each other. Only a few of them stand out amongst their competitors according to essay writing services reviews.
Essayshark is one of them. The service has many interesting features and bonuses. Besides, you wouldn’t find a single negative Essayshark review of the website.
So is Essayshark legit? And is it really as good as it seems? Keep reading to find the answer to this and many other questions.
How to order from Essayshark?
As we’ve already said, Essayshark is a quite unique writing company. Their order application, writer selection, and payment process are quite different from other companies. So to begin our Essayshark review, let’s take a look at the company’s ordering process.
- You can start placing your order right on the company’s main page. All you have to do is provide Essayshark with your email address, your paper type, the number of pages, and the deadline. Keep in mind that Essayshark only accepts certain types of assignments. According to their policies, they don’t accept requests for tests or multiple choice questions.For any kind of essay, a research paper, a thesis, or even a dissertation, feel free to use Essayshark.
- After you do that, you’ll be redirected to the “extended application form”. If you have never ordered from Essayshark before, a new account will be created for you automatically. If you have, you will be logged into your existing account.
- Now it’s time to give the writers more information about your paper. Select your discipline, fill out your topic, and choose a citation style. Below, you can also provide the writer with more paper instructions and any materials they should use. Try to include as many instructions as you can. When the writer has more information, there’s a higher chance that the paper will be done properly.
- At that stage, you have to specify what kind of service you are requesting: writing, rewriting, or proofreading. Here’s how they are different from each other:
Writing from scratch: If you choose this option, you don’t need to send a draft to the writer. The writer will write your paper from scratch, edit it, proofread it, and format it for you.
Rewriting: For rewriting, you need to send the writer a draft of your paper. The writer might change the content of the text, format, and proofread it. As a result, up to 70% of the text may be changed.
Editing: Editing is quite similar to rewriting, but it doesn’t include such an in-depth revision of the text. After editing, 25-30% of the text will be changed
- When your application form is ready, the writer selection will be started. You can choose to have a random writer assigned to you, but that’s not how Essayshark usually works. The company has a bidding system that lets various writers bid on your order. You can check out their bios, ratings, and reviews before making a choice. But the best way you can decide what writer works best for you is trying out Essayshark sample writing. Before choosing a writer, you can ask several of them to give you a writing sample of approximately 100 words on your topic. This way, you can be sure your paper will be good.
- Of course, another factor that comes into play when you’re choosing a writer is the price. Every writer will give you different quality and a different price, so you can choose the one that you can afford.
- After you make your choice, you’ll be asked to pay for your assignment. The money won’t go straight to the writer though. Essayshark will reserve it, and you’ll release it in parts as the writer progresses with your assignment. You can use several payment methods on Essayshark: a card, PayPal, or even Apple Pay
- You can apply for as many revisions as you want. Once you’re satisfied with your paper, you can download it as a PDF or a Word document from your profile on the Essayshark website.
As we’ve already mentioned, Essayshark uses a bidding system. The writers tell you how much they want for your order and you can decide how much you are willing to pay. Paper writing services with bidding systems have their own advantages and disadvantages. On one hand, you get to choose how much to pay and you can decide who will write your paper. Essayshark is different from other services with a bidding system in a way that they let you test the writer’s skills before making a decision. That’s very convenient, and we highly recommend that you do that.
On the other hand, you won’t know how much your paper will cost you until you fill out an application form and receive the writers’ bids. Luckily, the application form takes just a couple of minutes to fill out. For the sake of this Essayshark review, we placed an order to get a price estimate.
We tried placing an order for a one-page English essay. With a 14-day deadline, the bids from the writers ranged from $13 to $20. Interestingly enough, when we changed the deadline to 7 days, we didn’t notice any change in prices. Most of the bids were still between $16 and $20. Finally, when we choose a 2-day deadline, the prices are raised to $23 and higher. After that experiment, we came to a conclusion that prices on Essayshark are quite reasonable. They aren’t the lowest on the market, but they aren’t high either.
Unfortunately, the bidding system doesn’t actually give you such a big selection of prices as it is promised. Many bids are almost identical. Besides, we received 60 bids in less than a minute, which is a bit suspicious, but convenient and fast. If your discipline is more unique or your deadline is much shorter, you might not receive many bids. For such cases, Essayshark has a “featured order” service that will make your assignments stand out among others and will help you attract more writers. If you want to make your order featured, you’ll have to pay an extra $4.95.
Getting a discount on Essayshark is actually not that easy. According to the company’s FAQ section, they don’t want to interfere i the bidding process, so they don’t offer any discounts. Of course, you can always get a lower price by choosing the writer with a lower rate. The main problem is that lower prices usually mean lower quality, so many students might end up paying too much or getting an essay that isn’t good enough.
However, while conducting this Essayshark review, we did find some ways to save money. If you type “Essayshark discount code” into a search engine of your choice, you’ll see that some third-parties offer coupons for Essayshark.
On their main page, Essayshark claims they have more than 200 active writers. Some companies say they have more than a thousand writers available. So does it mean that Essayshark has higher standards? Let’s find out.
One thing that sets Essayshark apart from its competitors is their transparency about the company’s writer. If you would like to become an Essayshark writer, you can register on the website, fill out an application form, and pass an English test. Essayshark doesn’t shy away from the fact that they hire writers who are not native English speakers. If you want to know where your writer is from, Essayshark recommends that you ask the writer personally, although there’s no guarantee that you’ll get an answer.
Unfortunately, Essayshark doesn’t disclose the requirements they have for their writers. We’ve only managed to find out that all their writers need to have a “good command” of English, a university or college degree, and good writing skills. How Essayshark defines “good writing skills” or “good English skills” remains unclear.
To make the writer selection easier for you, Essayshark lets you see the writers’ ratings and their awards if they have any. They have special awards for writers that always deliver their work on time, for writers with many loyal customers, and for writers with impeccable reviews. There’s also a “Top Writers” page on the website. Obviously, none of the writers disclose their real names or photo, so their profiles might seem a bit sketchy. At the same, they probably wouldn’t get Essayshark reviews for anything.
Customer (and writer) testimonials can often be the most important factor when you are looking for a paper writing company. That’s why we did some research to find out what the students and the writers think about the company.
You can find some customer testimonials right on the company’s website. Unsurprisingly, Essayshark reviews are all positive. Some students point out that grammar and spelling were a bit off, but the writers seem to always correct themselves in the revisions.
Independent review platforms also feature many Essayshark reviews. Some students go to Essayshark Reddit threads to ask others whether Essayshark is a scam or not. Some comments there say they have ran into plagiarism problems after using Essayshark, which is alarming.
There are also a number of so-called “Essayshark expert reviews” on the Internet. Some of them are very positive, others are very negative, as if those people have used different services.
If you want to find out more about working for Essayshark, Essayshark reviews from their writers can be helpful. The vast majority of them are very positive, so it is safe to say that Essayshark treats its employers quite well.
Essayshark is a very interesting paper writing company. It features a bidding system, lets you get a writing sample from several writers before choosing who you want to work with, and gives you a chance to pay in installments. All those things make Essayshark one of the most popular paper writing companies. Moreover, the prices on Essayshark are relatively low and the policies are fair. That makes Essayshark one of the best essay writing companies you can find.
The Essay I Bought From Essayshark
- Type of paper: Essay
- Topic: Harry Potter. What made the book become so popular? When is the end of its era? And how the book has changed the lives of children and adults?
- Length: 1 page
- Citation: APA
- Urgency: 3 days
Essayshark Essay Analysis and Evaluation
- “the works of writer J. K. Rowling”— the works of the writer
- “triggered the readers ‘imagination” — triggered the readers’ imagination
- “magical thrilling tales”— thrilling magical tales
- “sharing with fellow children that popularized the works among the global readers”— which popularised the works among the readers worldwide
- “It is also important to note the fascinating magical world virtual scenery and intriguing characters made the books unique and highly desired by the readers”— “that” is missing after “characters”
- “Harry Potter Books” — it’s unclear why “Books” is capitalized
- “laid clear prose”— odd wording
- Inconsistency in tenses: in the 1st paragraph, the writer used past tense (“the author laid”), but in the 2nd paragraph, he used present tense (“the author uses”).
- “The popularity of the works was also steered by the expansive breadth of imagination that Rowling incorporated it has helped both adults and children in enhancing their creativity.”— the sentence doesn’t make sense, it should have been separated into two sentences.
- “The aspect of a brilliant crafted played a role for the popularity of the works as well as other various attributes that contributed to the immense popularity of the works of writer J. K. Rowling.”— another sentence that doesn’t make sense
- “empathize and sympathize with the characters regarding their situations”— “regarding their situations” is redundant
- Punctuation is due to the rules.
- The essay was separated into several paragraphs, which is good. On the other hand, the introduction is a bit odd (“I have to admit…”) and there is practically no conclusion. Besides, the writer made a title page, but still used a title before the text itself, which was unnecessary.
- We couldn’t do a plagiarism check since the work was delivered as an image.
- The author only used two sources and only one of them was cited properly.
- The question “When is the end of its era?” was not answered in the essay. When we asked for a revision, the writer added one sentence to answer the question.
- The essay was delivered before the deadline.
- The ordering process is very fast and easy. The delivery was a bit complicated. You get an email with a link to contact customer support, then you pay half of the price and only after that you can see your paper. Even if you don’t like your essay, you can’t refund your money.
- Communication with support was truly a mess. First, we sent an email and asked a question through the “contact us” form. The email was not delivered and we received an auto reply with a suggestion to contact customer support through the form. In the form, we got a response 4 minutes later, sometimes it took a little longer, but no more than 15 minutes. Our question was quite easy, but they weren’t very helpful and said we should talk to the writer. When we had problems with the payment the agents started being rude. The agents kept changing so we had to describe our problem several times, although they didn’t even open the screenshots we sent them. On the second day, we got really frustrated and they finally started doing something. In the end, they were polite again, but still, it was a really bad experience, so we wouldn’t order from them again.
- The writer didn’t really do a good job. It feels like he didn’t understand the instructions, although they were sufficient for other writers. He didn’t ask for clarifications either. However, when we asked for a revision, he took everything into consideration.
- In the beginning, we tried to pay with a card twice and each time the payment got rejected, but then we tried PayPal and it was successful. We used a prepaid cart and it didn’t work for unknown reasons. Later we were told they only accept credit card. The payment by Paypal went through, but then we got a message that our account is blocked due to multiple payment attempts. We created a new account and used another card, which, again, was unsuccessful. The support didn’t help us with that either. In the end, we found out that they had an issue with the payment system: it rejected payments, but we couldn’t even message customer support. But with PayPal there weren’t any problems, so we used it again.
- The writer tried to answer the questions, but most of the points he made were quite vague and too general.
- The structure of the essay made sense, but it could have been better.
What was good
Frankly, not too many things. The writer answered some of the questions and didn’t make any mistakes in punctuation. When we asked for a revision, he took our comments into consideration.
What was missing
Unfortunately, there was an unacceptable number of errors in grammar. The author only used 2 sources and didn’t cite them properly.
The essay was really hard to read. The author used many general statements and made many mistakes in grammar, which made the text very hard to follow. Perhaps, there were some good ideas but the author couldn’t express them well because of his weak grammar. Of course, it’s not surprising that the writer didn’t include any specific information— he only used 2 sources. The citation and the formatting wasn’t done properly, the payment process was very complicated, so overall, it was not a good experience.